- Standard period of study: 8 semesters
- Basic studies: 1st - 4th semester
- Advanced studies: 5th - 8th semester
- Orientation exam: by 3rd semester
- Internship (6 months): 5th semester
- Interim exam: by 6th semester
- Start of programme: winter semester
- 768 students in the winter semester 2018/19
- general higher education entrance qualification;
- subject-specific higher education entrance qualification;
- successful aptitude test for particularly qualified professionals without higher education entrance qualification;
- foreign higher education entrance qualification that is equivalent to German standards;
- assessment test of preparatory programme (Feststellungsprüfung Studienkolleg);
- for further details on admisstion requirements for international students, please see the general pages on how to apply for bachelor-level studies.
Foreign language skills
Good command of the English language is important, as most literature and some of the seminars are in English.
Computer literacy is expected, as many processes during your studies are handled exclusively electronically, e.g. registration for exams and seminars, access to course materials, etc.
General selection procedure at the University of Konstanz
- 90 % of the places are allocated to the applicants with the best qualification/suitability
- 10% of the places go to those with the longest waiting periods
Qualification is assessed on the basis of the following criteria
- overall grade of higher education entrance qualification
- professional training in the field of psychology