- Standard period of study: 8 semesters
- Basic studies: 1st - 4th semester
- In-depth studies: 5th - 8th semester
- Orientation exam: by 3rd semester
- Internship (6 months): 5th semester
- Interim exam: by 6th semester
- Start of programme: winter semester
- 768 students in the winter semester 2018/19
- general higher education entrance qualification;
- subject-specific higher education entrance qualification;
- successful aptitude test for particularly qualified professionals without higher education entrance qualification;
- foreign higher education qualification that is equivalent to German standards;
- assessment test of preparatory programme (Feststellungsprüfung Studienkolleg);
- for further details on admisstion requirements for international students please see the general pages on how to apply for a bachelor's programme.
Foreign language skills
Good command of the English language is important, as most literature and some of the seminars are in English.
Computer literacy is a prerequisite, as many processes during your studies are handled exclusively electronically, e.g. registrations for examinations and seminars, provision of course materials, etc.
General selection procedure at the University of Konstanz
- 90 % of the places are allocated to the applicants with the best qualification
- 10% of the places go to those with the longest waiting period
Qualification is assessed on the basis of the following criteria
- overall grade of higher education entrance qualification
- professional training in the field of psychology