If your home university is one of our Erasmus+ partner universities, please first apply via your home university for a semester with us ! In this case, the Internationa Office of your home university as well as your department at your home university are the right contacts ! If your application via your home university was successful, you will be nominated to apply to the University of Konstanz
Important: Please first observe the application deadlines of your home university and then the application deadlines of the University of Konstanz!
If your home university is not one of our current partner universities (neither Erasmus+ nor one of our direct partnerships), you have the option to study with us as a FreemoverDownload the Incoming Student Guide!
Important additional information
Language requirements and certificates
Exchange students must demonstrate a proficiency in English OR in German, minimum level B2 according to the European reference framework.
Accepted language certificates are:
- Official confirmation provided by the language instructor at your home university on official university letterhead with original signature and stamp/seal
- Official certificate German B2 (Goethe-Institut)
- Preliminary English Test (PET, Cambridge)
- TELC-Certificate: minimum level B2
- IELTS: minimum score of 4.5
- TOEFL (IBT): minimum score of 57
- TOEFL (ITP): minimum score of 460
- TOEIC: minimum score of 275 in listening and reading